Saying NO to cookies is just plain sad.
It’s time to take back the cookie! To turn the tide, to say YES to the cookie without hurting our health, waistline, or our tastebuds!
This recipe is for perfect for folks who have determined that wheat or gluten is not a good fit for them! It’s also for someone who’s decided to eat some sugar for a treat BUT can easily be modified to be sugar-free. (note- it’s not low-carb, grain-free or “Keto” because of the flour.
Enjoy this ultra-yummy Gluten-Free cookie… feel great, enjoy food, stop when you’re full so you can have one tomorrow too with no guilt (remember- you’re in charge). 😄
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie (with Sugar Free Option)
- A big bowl
- A wooden spoon
- Ungreased cookie sheets
- 1/2 Lb Butter Grass-fed is best!
- 3/4 Cup Organic White Sugar You can sub. Swerve or Lakanto Granulated.
- 1 Cup Organic Dark Brown Sugar You can sub. Swerve Golden, Lakanto Golden or Coconut Sugar.
- 1 1/2 Eggs I know this is a pain- but it makes a difference. I save the other half for a scramble. 🙂
- 1 Tbsp Real Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Namaste Gluten-Free Flour Blend I'm sure you can use another one- King Arthur is good too.
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Cups Good Quality Dark Chocolate Chips I usually use 60% cocoa. Use Lily's Premium Chips for no sugar!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt (yes melt!) the Butter in a pan or microwave, just be sure not to cook it. Just MELT it... trust me! I know it's not creaming but it's awesome!
- Using a wooden spoon, combine both sugars with the butter in a bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, until very well combined.
- Add in Vanilla.
- Gently fold in the flour and dry ingredients, mixing with that wooden spoon of amazingness until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips (add in nuts, coconut, crispy rice cereal or other add-ins here as well if desired).
- Bake 8-11 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet and transfer immediately to a rack or a paper-towel-lined paper bag to cool.
- Delight all your friends.