Savory Nutty Snack Cake (Grain-Free, Sugar-Free)
A grain-free, sugar-free breakfast bread or tea cake that tastes like a satisfying whole wheat treat.
- 1 1/2 Cup Almond Flour This would probably taste great with cassava or Tiger Nut if you're nut-free, may need to make some adjustments or add 1 tsp. unflavored gelatin though.
- Powdered Stevia to Taste I used 3 "shakes" - you could sweeten with something else but it will change the texture. :)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Full-fat Canned Coconut Milk
- 3 Tbsp Melted Grassfed Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Melted Grassfed Butter
- 1 Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Nuts I used pecans & sliced almonds. Shredded unsweetened coconut would also be yummy!
- Powdered Stevia to Taste I used 1 more "shake"
- 1 1/2 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
Heat oven to 350.
Whisk flour, stevia, cinnamon and baking powder together in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, melted butter and vanilla.
Mix cake ingredients together and place in a 9X9 glass pan coated with cooking spray.
Mix together all the Crumb ingredients and spread/sprinkle it over the cake.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy! It tastes great with butter! If you are tracking your Macros and need more carbs- it would taste great with fig or fruit-sweetened jam or applebutter.